In many cases, a lot of the symptoms of OCD can be seen in those with any type of OCD. In this section, you will get a closer look at some of the symptoms of the various subtypes to help you see if you suffer from any subtype of OCD.
Symptoms of this subtype include:
- Obsessive concerns about getting sicks or germs.
- Persistent thoughts about feeling unclean or dirty, either physically or mentally.
- Constant fears about toxic substances, blood, viruses, and various other types of contamination.
- Avoiding any potential sources for contamination.
- Compulsions to get rid of any items that you perceive as dirty, even if they aren’t dirty
- Compulsions to clean or wash any contaminated items.
- Specific washing and cleaning rituals, such as cleaning a surface a specific number of times.
- Need for items to be aligned in a specific manner.
- Requiring symmetry or organization of your items.
- Need symmetry in your actions, such as if you scratch one hand you need to scratch the other.
- Compulsion to arrange items until they are perfect.
- Feeling distressed or incomplete if things aren’t exactly how they should be.
- Counting rituals, meaning that you need to count to a number a specific number of times.