This reason OCD is often understood is because it is usually portrayed in media in two OCD subtype forms. Meaning, actors portraying the part of someone suffering from OCD are usually either cleaning, washing their hands, or checking locks. These Types of OCD are Contamination OCD and Checking OCD. Only two of 38 that we have identified here. The best way to identify if you OCD is present in your life is to take an OCD test, speak to your doctor, or find a local OCD specialist in your area.
Signs & Symptoms of Anxiety
- Feeling nervous, restless, and/or tense
- Fear of losing control
- Having a sense of impending danger or doom
- Having an increased heart rate
- Breathing rapidly
- Headaches or dizziness
- Unwanted persistent thoughts
- Intrusive thoughts
- Mental Images
- General Fears
- Fears of committing an impulse
- Doubting yourself, your intentions, etc.
- Having difficulty tolerating uncertainty
To understand the differences between anxiety and OCD a little more, read the information below where obsessions, compulsions, and anxiety disorders are explained in more detail